4th of July Activities! One day in the middle of the week and so many options for the littles! Here are some ideas.
1. History Lesson. It can be as simple as we’re celebrating America’s birthday or as detailed as talking about the Declaration of Independence being signed. The lesson can get more detailed as they get older.
2. Go to a Parade, Block Party or Carnival. Our city blocks off a couple major roads and sets up a mini carnival, game booths, food trucks and a live band. Very kid friendly and many cities have events like these.
3. Make something red, white and blue. Whether it’s a door wreath craft or triple layer Jello, nothing is more kid friendly or patriotic than making something with our own hands!
4. BBQ of course! Is there anything quite as celebratory as food cooking on a grill over a fire? My kids always love seeing the grill light up!
5. Fireworks! Whether a big fireworks show or just sparklers in the front yard, every kid’s favorite memory of the 4th seems to be the fireworks.
6. Relax! Don’t try to do it all in a day. Instead focus on doing the things you would really enjoy with your family. #independenceday #4thofjuly #modernparenting
26 likes 2 comments